Monday, April 25, 2011

Mexican egg bake & Sweet potato hash!

So yesterday I made a brunch to celebrate my brother and law's engagement!!! EEEE!!! The website I use couldn't figure all of the calories exactly so I am doing my best based on what it could do and the labels. Steve said "This is my favorite thing you've ever made!" So I think it was a success. :O)

*1 8oz pckg red fat crescent rolls
*12 egg whites
*4 whole eggs
*1 onion
*1 bell pepper
*1 can green chilis
*1/3 cup fat free cheddar
*2 oz goat cheese
*1 lb faux sausage (Deann eats veggie so it was my first experience with fake meat, but I was pleasantly surprised!)
*2 cloves garlic
*Mexi spices (I used cumin and chili powder)
*Splash chalulah
*Splash fat free half and half

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 pan. Dice garlic, onion and bell pepper and sautee in a sprayed non stick pan with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Combine egg whites and eggs with a splash of half and half and a couple shakes of chalulah. Add salt and pepper. Chop soy sausage and add to veggies once they are tender. Spread crescent dough along bottom of pan and get rid of creases. Pour veggies and soy sausage on top, add green chilis, then egg mixture. Top with 1/3 cup fat free cheddar and goat cheese (I just used my hands to crumble it up). Bake at 350 for about 30 min or until the center is set. Top with salsa and fat free sour cream!

Makes 12 servings at approx 225 calories a piece. Yummmm!

With this, I made a sweet potato hash (double yum!) I didn't measure anything so I can't give you nutrition info, but I can tell you that it is delicious and good way to get some good carbs!

*1 red onion
*2 huge sweet potatoes
*1 tbs-ish splenda brown sugar blend
*1 tbs-ish cinnamon
*drizzle sugar free maple syrup
*drizzle olive oil
*2 tbs-ish fat free I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
*pinch nutmeg

Super easy. Chop onions and potatoes to desired size and sautee in olive oil adding the other ingredients + salt and pepper as you go. Cook it the potatoes are your desired softness.

No comments:

Post a Comment