Thursday, February 3, 2011

Skinny chocolate peanut butter muffins

I have been hard core craving pastries especially muffins lately for whatever reason and today I decided I needed to make it happen, so I got creative and I couldn't be more excited about the result! Here we go

*2/3 cup whole wheat flour
*2/3 cup rolled oats
*2/3 cup milled flax seed
*1 tbs baking powder
*Pinch salt
*1/4 cup peanut butter (I used to crunchy natural kind yummm)
*1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
*1 tbs honey
*1 tbs molasses
*1 tbs splenda brown sugar
*1 tbs regular splenda
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together flour, oats, flax, baking soda and salt. Cut in peanut butter and yogurt (I used a fork at first then just used my hands...it's easiest and the most fun!) until its combined but crumbly. Add remaining ingredients, and mix together. Bake about 12 minutes in greased or lined muffin tins. I had enough batter for 12 regulars and 8 minis.

A regular muffin comes in at about 90 calories, 4 g fat, 11 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 2.5 g sugar and 3 g protein. A mini is half that. Yummmm. Top with some fat free whipped cream and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup and you're still only looking at about 100 calories total. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment