Saturday, July 9, 2011

Breakfast in a cup!

I used to be a big fan of smoothies. Every day Kara and I would go to the gym, go back to my apt, make smoothies and watch Wife Swap. Talk about the perfect day! I had a nutritionist tell me that they were a waste of calories (the same dumb nutritionist that told me I should only be eating 5 oz of protein a day and like a million servings of bread) and that they wouldn't fill me up, so I had stopped making them.

Well, on the 4th, my family came over for brunch and I was making pancakes (recipe coming soon) so I asked my mom to bring some sort of protein and she suggested smoothies. She brought over some recipe she had found which I basically threw out right away and created my own :O) I mean, I made her a version with her recipe, then I let people taste mine and everyone traded right away. My mom said it was better than Jamba Juice...and they are so easy!

So this morning I decided to recreate my PB&J smoothie. I don't know how many of you know that a PB&J sandwhich is pretty much my favorite thing to eat on earth. I am borderline obsessed with peanut butter. I could live off bread and pb for pretty much the rest of my life...that and cereal :O)

*6oz non fat yogurt (I suggest either dannon light and fit or vanilla greek)
*1 small banana
*1/2 tbs natural pb (of course any pb will do, but natural is more delicious!)
*handful frozen blueberries
*2 handfuls ice

Put everything in the blender, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment