Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oatmeal cherry dark chocolate potato chip cookies!

I know, you probably think I'm nuts. Actually I'm not the brilliant one that came up with the idea of putting potato chips in cookies. I saw it on a few recipes and at first was like "weird..." then thought about the salted oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and how delicious they were and how I almost love the combination of sweet and salty, and these were no exception! This time I made the smart choice of taking ALL the cookies I made out of the house, so they are now with my mom, my Starbucks, and most of them went to Mathew and Deann's engagement party.

I have never used dried cherries before and now I'm a little obsessed. Especially combined with dark chocolate--delicious!

  • 1/2 cup light whipped canola oil buttery spread
  • 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup splenda brown sugar blend, packed
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 cup dried cherries
  • 8 ounces dark chocolate chocolate chunks (I used mini dark chocolate chips because that's what I had but chunks of dark chocolate would be better!)
  • 1 cup baked potato chips, crushed

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine buttery spread, yogurt and brown sugar. Add egg whites one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla.

In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture just until combined. Do not overmix. Stir in oats, cherries, chocolate and chips.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.

Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until bottom edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans for a few minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment