I have never used dried cherries before and now I'm a little obsessed. Especially combined with dark chocolate--delicious!
- 1/2 cup light whipped canola oil buttery spread
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 3 egg whites
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chocolate chunks (I used mini dark chocolate chips because that's what I had but chunks of dark chocolate would be better!)
- 1 cup baked potato chips, crushed
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine buttery spread, yogurt and brown sugar. Add egg whites one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture just until combined. Do not overmix. Stir in oats, cherries, chocolate and chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until bottom edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans for a few minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.