Monday, July 18, 2011

Lunch this week: Fruity Chicken Salad

I was never the hugest fan of chicken salad. I mean I would eat it, but never really saw the appeal, but recently I saw some recipes that looked that there was the possibility for a change of opinion. For one, *confession* this is the first one I have ever made that didn't come from a can. I know...I never claimed to actually be a chef haha. So thiiiiisss time I used an entire rotisserie chicken and had a lot more fun with the ingredient list--ummm DELICIOUS! Steve called it the best chicken salad he's ever had and he is a big fan. I brought some to work today with a serving of Kashi crackers instead of bread. Yummmm.

*The meat from one whole rotisserie chicken, chopped
*3-4 ribs celery (including leaves), diced
*1/4 red onion, finely diced
*1 granny smith apple, chopped
*2 handfuls dried cranberries
*1/4 cup almonds, chopped
*6 oz non fat plain Greek yogurt
*Salt, pepper and lemon pepper to taste

Directions? Mix everything together and season to taste! Easy, protein packed and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment