Monday, July 18, 2011

Last week's lunch: Black Bean and Corn Salad

Man I will definitely miss the predictability my summer schedule has given me in terms of food and planning. When I have a set schedule and know where I'll be and what times I will be eating makes it so simple and low stress. You'd think I'd get sick of eating the same thing every day for a week, but not when it's delicious! Sooooo here we go:

Kernels from 3 roasted cobs of corn (I didn't buy frozen this time!)
1/2 finely chopped red onion
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
2 16 oz cans cups no-salt-added cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
2 orange bell peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped

Mix together and Ta DAAAA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment