I've also been pretty obsessed with Peanut Butter and Co lately. I discovered their White Chocolate Wonderful a little over a year ago and recently discovered all the other flavors. They are all nutritionally pretty much the same as regular peanut butter and natural and freaking delicious! So I wanted to make a dessert using that. From the same website I found the recipe for these blondies.
Not to toot my own horn, but this was pretty much the most amazing dinner I have made in a while. If I wasn't trying to look cute for date night I probably would have licked the bowl. Go ahead, judge me haha. So heeerrreee we go...
Sweet Potato and Brie Mac N Cheese:
Makes 4 very filling servings!
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat macaroni or other pasta
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (roast a few sweet potatoes at 400°F for 1 hour, or until soft; puree flesh until smooth; measure out 1 cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 oz (about 4 Tbsp) fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (I couldn't find the 50% so I just used reg 2% sharp cheddar)
- 2 wedges lite swiss laughing cow cheese
- 1/2 cup good-quality reduced fat brie cheese, rind removed, cut into cubes (I have seen red fat brie before, but I could only find regular yesterday so I just used that)
- tiny pinch of ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions (I actually prefer to cook my pasta a minute or two less than the lowest cooking time on the package for al dente pasta); drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together and heat sweet potato puree and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until just starting to simmer.
- Reduce stove heat to low. Whisk in cheeses until fully melted.
- Stir in nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir drained pasta into the sweet potato-cheese sauce and mix until thoroughly combined.
Peanut Butter Banana White Chocolate Chip Blondies:
I cut mine into 20 small ones, but lets be honest, that is more like 10 real servings because if you're anything like me you will eat two at a time with a delicious cup of almond milk!
- 1/4 cup white chocolate peanut butter (I used the Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbs splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (about 3 large)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup all-natural white chocolate chips (I got Sunspire ones at Whole Foods and they are amazing!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with sprayed parchment paper so the edges hang over the sides of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the peanut butter, applesauce, and splenda brown sugar. Add in the egg whites and beat until combined. Add in the mashed banana and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir white chocolate chips into the dry ingredients (this step prevents the chips from sinking into the batter).
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Remove the blondies by picking up the edges of the parchment paper and let cool completely; cut into squares and serve.