Monday, August 15, 2011

The 25 calorie cookie

I know what you're thinking. That can't be good. I'll tell you, they are tiny, and I would consider a serving size two cookies which technically comes out to 47 calories according to calorie count, but how amazing does it sound to say I created a 25 calorie cookie? Nevermind the fact that I actually just melded a few different recipes together with my own added twist :O) The truth is, these cookies are not just low calorie, but actually nutritious and I can't wait to add some protein powder to the mix and turn them into breakfast muffins and pancakes.

The idea? Mix a can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!) with a box of spice cake. Mix, bake, done. I'll be honest, this version does not change the calorie count much, but whatever, my version is more fun and more fiberful!

  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup milled flax seed
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup splenda brown sugar blend
  • 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 12oz can pumpkin
  • 1 1/2ish cups grain sweetened chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingredients. Drop on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment