Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

Ummm, maybe the best breakfast EVER. I've been looking forward to today's breakfast ever since I had left over pumpkin from my 25 calorie pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I love pumpkin. I love chocolate. I love oatmeal. In fact I am pretty much obsessed with oats in any form right now--in oatmeal, in cookies, in smoothies, in yogurt--you name it. I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover their amazingness.

Heaven in a bowl AKA Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal:

*1/4 cup oats
*1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
*1 tsp milled flax seed
*1/2 tsp chia seeds
*1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
*cinnamon to taste
*pinch salt
*1/3 cup canned pumpkin
*drizzle sf maple syrup
*optional: spoonful non fat vanilla yogurt
*grain sweetened chocolate chips for topping

Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a small pot on the stove, cook until desired consistency, put it in your bowl and top with chocolate chips! They melt just enough so that you have a delicious chocolate swirl running through your oatmeal. Man I should have taken a picture after I mixed it all up. So delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment